What Can I Do About an Overly Large Mons Pubis?

I am 20 years old and I have a very large, very embarrassing mons pubis. I am 6' tall and approx. 210 lbs. My weight has been pretty much the same for the past 5 years, but my pubic area just seems to be getting bigger. It is a nightmare to buy pants because no matter what I wear it looks like I'm sporting an impressive package. I was wondering if there was a way to naturally decrease the size of this area (diet, exercise, etc.) or if surgery was the only way, and if so, what kind?

Doctor Answers 2

Prominent mons pubis

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

A prominent mons pubis can be treated by liposuction and +/- skin excision to achieve the desired aesthetic.  Hard to say without an exam.

New York Plastic Surgeon
4.2 out of 5 stars 30 reviews

Treatment of prominent mons pubis

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

At your height it does not sound like you are overweight much. I have treated this problem in obese patients with liposuction of the area. If it is fat that is creating the prominence you may or may not be able to reduce it with diet and exercise because diet and exercise can decrease overall body fat but cannot spot reduce areas of fat deposition.

Aaron Stone, MD
Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.