Scar tissue - I had 3 pins put in my SI joint on the right side awhile back.

Few months after surgery some lipomas appeared which I had removed, but the came back in the same area. Now scar tissue has formed and causing a lot of discomfort. What can be done to get rid of the scar tissue? PLEASE HELP!!!

Scar Tissue/ Scar Revision -- 5fu/steroid injections

Scar tissue can be treated with steroid injections to improve or resolve the lump completely, or scar revision which is surgical and involves removing the scar tissue. I suggest to consult with an expert for further evaluation. Best, Dr. Emer

Scar tissue after lipoma surgery

Apply Plato's Scar Serum for the scar and seek the advice of your surgeon regarding the scar or lipoma recurrence. 

Dr. Karamanoukian
Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS