Ice pick acne scars: what is the best combination to get rid of them? Microneedling/Laser (what kind) & cut them out? (Photo)

I recently had the CO2 laser and it didn't seem to do anything but help with toning of my skin. I'm new to all the cosmetic procedures. Need suggestions and procedures that have been done to rid of them. Without the guessing game of what may or may not work. Please help! Below is a photo of two I had done. They are actually larger now and I am in panic mode due to partial income is my face. 1st photo makeup before surgery 2nd 3 wks after surgery w/o makeup 3rd With makeup & more obvious .

Acne scarring treatment options

First, give the CO2 treatment some time to work. Studies have shown collagen building and remodeling to continue 6-9 months after treatment. Supplemental treatments with microneedling will help, but you need to wait some months before pursuing that. I like Sculptra injections just under the areas, and this could be done now. Even a light hyaluronic acid such as Belotero could improve the shadowing effect of the scars while augmenting the CO2 response. Consider Pucosure treatments in the future: no downtime from your modeling, and it treats damaged collagen without heat damage. 

Ice pick scarring fix, didn't respond to CO2

Ice pick scarring can be hard to fix. TCA cross is a good way to help these. I also use Infini for all acne scars and it seems to be very effective. I don't like to excise because you are replacing one scar with another.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Help for Acne Scars--lasers, microneedling/prp, TCA Cross, excision

Ice pick scars require a combination. I recommend lasers, microneedling/prp, TCA cross and excision. I recommend a formal consultation with an acne scarring expert. Best, Dr. Emer