What can I do about sagging? (photos)

This is what my skin does when I look down. What are my options for correcting this?

Doctor Answers 4

What Can I do about Facial Sagging?

You have what we classically describe as a loss of facial volume.  This can be caused by either a natural aging process or a rapid weight loss   In my estimation a cheek lift would not be recommended.  I  would suggest a replacement of the lost volume with a deeply placed filler over your upper cheek with possibly a small amount of filler placed beneath the fold from the side of your nose to the corner of your mouth.  Good Luck

Eau Claire Plastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 20 reviews

Sagging skin of lower face

This is usually a problem with loss of support of the tissue higher up. Filling up the cheeks is often the answer for this. I like to use Restylane Lyft for this. Skin tightening devices such as Infini will also help.

Steven F. Weiner, MD
Panama City Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 41 reviews

Fillers vs surgery

It all depends on what you look like upright and how much difference you need to see to be happy. Fillers like Restylane can give you some improvement but a more dramatic change would come from a lower facelift and necklift.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS
Seattle Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 67 reviews

The Saggy Skin Solutions

There are many treatments for this area including: Sculptra, Thermage/Ultherapy/Venus Legacy, Fillers.  I recommend seeing an expert for a formal evaluation. Best, Dr. Emer.

Jason Emer, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 190 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.