What can I do about sagging? (photos)

This is what my skin does when I look down. What are my options for correcting this?

Fillers vs surgery

It all depends on what you look like upright and how much difference you need to see to be happy. Fillers like Restylane can give you some improvement but a more dramatic change would come from a lower facelift and necklift.

The Saggy Skin Solutions

There are many treatments for this area including: Sculptra, Thermage/Ultherapy/Venus Legacy, Fillers.  I recommend seeing an expert for a formal evaluation. Best, Dr. Emer.

What Can I do about Facial Sagging?

You have what we classically describe as a loss of facial volume.  This can be caused by either a natural aging process or a rapid weight loss   In my estimation a cheek lift would not be recommended.  I  would suggest a replacement of the lost volume with a deeply placed filler over your upper cheek with possibly a small amount of filler placed beneath the fold from the side of your nose to the corner of your mouth.  Good Luck

Joseph Rucker, MD, FACS
Eau Claire Plastic Surgeon

Sagging skin of lower face

This is usually a problem with loss of support of the tissue higher up. Filling up the cheeks is often the answer for this. I like to use Restylane Lyft for this. Skin tightening devices such as Infini will also help.

Steven F. Weiner, MD