I'm a 30 yo guy + I live between NYC and LA. What is the cost for that procedure? Thanks
Puffy and Pointy Nipples (Male) - Nipple Reduction Cost?
Doctor Answers 4
Puffy Nipple Fix Costs
- Gynecomastia reduction for puffy nipples cost factors vary significantly for a number of good reasons: Prices vary greatly because the surgery itself encompasses a wide range of techniques that can be performed to different extents. My recommendation is to first find the most qualified surgeons where you want the surgery performed that are board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery you trust, then compare prices between them. See the below link on suggestions on how to find the most qualified plastic surgeon for your procedure. General Factors that influence the price of plastic surgery include:
1. Location - Will it be performed in a hospital with an overnight stay, an independent out- patient facility or a doctor’s office? Geographical location also has a significant influence. RealSelf has average charges for most areas of the USA and Canada.
2. Type of Anesthesia - local, IV sedation or General Anesthesia? Will a board certified anesthesiologist, nurse anesthetist, or an RN be used? In your case local anesthesia would be the least expensive.
3. Experience and training of your surgeon. The best and longest trained is most often a plastic surgeon board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery
4. Length and Complexity of Surgery - how difficult will your surgery be and how long it will take, etc. Will other complementary procedures such as lipo also be also performed during the same surgery?
Nipple reduction for Men
Thank you for the question.
Nipple reduction for men is a good procedure to treat prominent nipples. I do this procedure by removing a segment of nipple and covering the area with a superior little flap. The degree of flattening (most men want the result to be almost flush with the areola) can be tailored to the patient's requests.
This procedure is usually done under local anesthesia and requires no time off from most types of work. Patient satisfaction was a high and scars often not noticeable. Costs in our office range from $600 to $1000.
I hope this helps.
You might also like...
Nipple reduction surgery and costs
Costs for nipple reduction surgery can vary depending on the type of anesthesia - local, local with IV sedation, or general anesthesia - and depending on surgery center. In general, the costs range from $1,500 to $3,000.
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.