How can I get rid of the pimples and scars on my face? (Photo)

My face is very ugly with pimples and scars

Pimples before scars

ALWAYS treat pimples and acne before scar revision or you will be chasing your tail. See a Board certified dermatologist for acne treatments, the video shows various methods of scar assessment and revision. All the best, Dr Davin Lim. Brisbane. Australia. 

Brisbane Dermatologist

Acne Scars

Oral medications are often used in combination with topical medications for Acne treatment. Antibiotics such as minocycline, tetracycline, and doxycycline are prescribed to control the growth of bacteria in the skin and in the sebaceous glands.You would be a great candidate for Ematrix for acne scars. Patients see overall improvement in fine lines, winkles, texture, tone, acne scars, dark spots, and overall luminosity for all skin types. The eMatrix Sublative Rejuvenation system is the only effective technology to treat deep scars and acne scars in darker skin types.  You should see a board certified dermatologist as soon as possible

Laser for acne scars

Your acne should be treated with light chemical peels, topicals, and laser. Acne scars can be improved with Ematrix, microneedling, acne surgery, chemical peels, and fractional laser. 

Dr. Karamanoukian 
Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Acne scar management

Thank you for your question.  Acne scars can be very challenging to improve with a single modality treatment.  I often recommend a multi modal approach which includes fractionated laser resurfacing, dermal fillers, skin care and minor surgery for some of the ice pick scars.  Patients will see some improvement with any single modality but the multimodal approach tends to have a much greater impact.  I would recommend that you visit with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in a multimodal approach.

It's very difficult to get rid of the scars but they can be improved. Fractora is a radio frequency based treatment I use that can help improve the appearance of acne scarring and help stop active acne as well. The only way to know for sure if this will work is to book a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon that uses Fractora near you. Best of luck! 

Mathew A. Plant, MD, FRCSC