Recommendation for deep boxcar acne scars on cheeks? (Photos)

After perusing this site, treatments, before/aftr pics 4 a yr…Am more confused. CAN boxcar acne scars be significantly improved? Say 70%? Had fillers; very slight result. Prone to hyperpigmentation so hope to avoid laser. I think my best bet is excision, but mixed reviews w/new scars 4 some. Level w me-what are my options? Hate the gaping scars on my cheeks, ok w shallow ones. Willing to spend, but not $ of a car. How can Bruce Jenner become Caitlin & I cant fix a scar! I digress. Tks for help!

Acne scar treatments in Los Angeles

I would recommend a combination regimen that includes fractional lasers, fractional RF, subcision, and fillers to help your acne scars. Best, Dr. KaramanoukianLos Angeles

INFINI , Bellafill, Restylane and others

Like Dr Weiner, I prefer INFINFI RF for this type of scarring. I do like eMatrix, but only for early shallow box car scars (IMO), INFINI RF is not a laser, and the depth that we go to will be around 3 mm, which is much deeper than sub ablative -sublative eMatrix. You will require 2-3 sessions, adding PRP can quicken healing times and reduce over all pore sizing. You will also need filler at the end. In the US you have Bellafill, in Australia I would use a combination of subscision and Juvederm Volbella. Expect to improve by 50-70% after a series of treatments, wishing you well.Dr Davin Lim, Brisbane, Australia. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

Deep Acne Scars

A combination of eMatrix, and fillers such as Bellafill or Restylane should correct this area.  eMatrix is a "color blind" laser so you can have very dark skin and have no risk of hyperpigmentation.  Please consult an expert in acne scars.  Best, Dr. Green

Deep boxcar acne scars

I think that combination therapy with Infini, Bellafill, and perhaps PRP would give you significant improvement. This must be done by an experienced physician. Infini is not a laser but RF and is safe for darker skin types.

Steven F. Weiner, MD