New dermatologist believes I will have good with results with lots of sessions at low settings. Is this true? (Photo)

I received 2-3 treatments on individual sunspots with Alex setting on candela Gentlemax. They lightened the first round but not much on 2nd round. On 3rd round PA bumped the it one level up and I wound up burning and have PIH now. Does this mean I should try the Yag setting? I burn but I can also tan. I am of South American descent. I am not tanned nor do I use self tanners. It is not melasma.

Sun spot treatment with laser...

Thank you for your question.  It sounds like you have a very tricky skin type for appropriate settings.  I would be cautious in your approach and request that the Dermatologist perform your procedure and not the PA.  There may be other options besides the Alex and Yag, however if these are the only options provided in the office, yes it may be prudent to test a spot with the Yag.  Regards, Dr. Matt Elias

Fort Lauderdale Dermatologic Surgeon