I have one area on the back of my thigh that has horrible cellulite. What is the best way of getting rid of it?

I'm 22, 5'7" and 129 pounds. I have a horrible patch of cellulite on the back of my right thigh. I have had it ever since I was about 13 (in which I was overweight then). I can't seem to get rid of it and want to learn how I can reduce it. As I'm searching the web for ideas right now, I see options some as Velashape? Is Velashape outdated or what's the deal with it? Also, what are other best alternatives that I can try? I eat well, exercise often, and don't have other natural options to rid it.

Cellulite removal

Your cellulite problem is a common one. Fortunately, finally there are effective ways to minimize this problem. Perhaps the least invasive one is  Cellfina™. Cellfina is the only FDA-cleared minimally invasive, one-time procedure clinically proven to improve the appearance of cellulite for at least two years—the longest FDA-cleared duration for a cellulite treatment. A straightforward solution to cellulite, Cellfina™, combines a proven approach with innovative, proprietary technology, to produce precise, long-lasting results and has a high satisfaction rating on RealSelf. Together with Velashape 3, a non invasive procedure to help "shrink wrap the skin" and further minimize cellulite as a combination treatment is perhaps your best chance for taking care of this tough problem. Cellulaze is also a possible treatment but much more invasive

Best Options?

For treating #cellulite, my office typically recommends one of three treatment plans: #Cellfina, #VelaShape III, #ThremiSmooth.

#Cellfina is the newest technology and probably most effective. It is a minimally invasive one-time procedure under local anesthetic that removes the fibrous bands under the skin that cause fat to bulge through creating the appearance of cellulite. The results are fairly #permanent.

#VelaShape and #ThermiSmooth are #non-invasive #bodyshaping products that can help reduce the appearance of your cellulite over the course of multiple sessions.

Book an in-person consultation with a #BoardCertified #PlasticSurgeon to determine which treatment plan is right for you.

Best of luck.

Cellfina / Cellulite Reduction/ Liposuction/ Skin Tightening / BBL/ High Definition Procedures

Cellfina is an FDA approved minimally invasive procedure that reduces the appearance of cellulite for at least two years on the buttocks and back of the thighs of women.
It works by releasing the internal bands that cause the cellulite dimpling and so we have not seen any fat atrophy. You should not see much of a difference with weight gain or loss but this also has not been studied.
Other areas of the body with dimpling, it is important to make sure it is truly cellulite before treatment.

It is common to have swelling bruising and firmness after the procedure. This can last for a few weeks.
Cellfina has shown 100% noticeable improvement and 96% satisfaction in all patients at 2 years.
Cellfina is designed to be a one time procedure.   It can be used on women with all skin types but caution should be taken if theres a history of keloiding.  It can also be combined with other treatments such as Thermi or Ulthera if skin tightening is needed.

We have done Sculpsure and Coolsculpting if fat reduction is wanted, but its best to wait 3 months to see the results before proceeding.

It can also be done at the same time as other procedures such as liposuction and BBL or as a stand alone procedure in the office.

Since Cellfina outcomes can be based on technique and experience, please see a board certified plastic surgeon that specializes body contouring to see if Cellfina or other treatments are available to meet your goals.

Take care,

Dr. Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute

Treatments for Cellulite

Thank you for your question. My preference for cellulite reduction depending upon candidacy is Cellfina. Cellfina is FDA cleared to reduce the appearance of cellulite for 2 years and has a high patient satisfaction rate. Cellfina treats the structural cause of cellulite which are the connective bands woven throughout the fat. We also perform Bodyfx for smoothing and cellulite reduction which is better suited for some patients or in combination with Cellfina. I would recommend an in person consultation to determine your candidacy.

Dr. Kathleen Morno

Kathleen Morno, MD
Highland Park Physician

Horrible cellulite

Cellfina appears to be the most effective treatment for cellulite on the market right now. Longitudinal studies have shown a patient satisfaction rate over 90% two years after the procedure. This high degree of patient satisfaction is greater than any other cellulite treatments currently available.

Reducing Cellulite with Cellfina

Thanks for your question and taking the time to research! I recommend the FDA-approved method Cellfina to treat cellulite. This treatment is effective for smoothing the appearance of skin by treating the primary structural cause of cellulite and/or deep-rooted cellulite. Most often cellulite can often be genetic. With just one session, results are shown to last two years. Cellfina works as the areas under tension are suctioned, the skin bounces back to smooth itself out. Cellfina may cause some soreness and bruising, but the pain is minimal. I currently serve as a co-chairman of Cellfina’s scientific advisory board.

Jay Burns, MD

Vaser Smooth/Cellulite Removal/Vaser Assisted liposculturing

Dear Rickyrose1993,

When it comes to reducing the appearance of cellulite, There is a newly FDA-approved product on the market called VASERsmooth.

VASERsmooth is a new accessory for the VASER Liposuction technology, which uses ultrasonic energy or high-energy sound waves to emulsify fat. Now, in addition to contouring fat, doctors can user VASER to remove signs of cellulite. Like Cellulaze, VASERsmooth uses a small, pen-shaped device to poke beneath the skin’s surface and break up fatty tissue that creates cellulite.

What permanent treatment for cellulite is available?

There is a new FDA approved treatment for cellulite called Cellfina, is done in office, with local anesthetic, and allows permanent release of connective tissue, elevating the depressed areas. There is minimal pain and bruising associated.
Is a one time treatment with very good satisfaction rate. Consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your area that have these technology available for more information.

Cellulite Treatment

The new kid in the block is
Cellfina. Check the link below.
Very promising technique.
Best Wishes.

Fernando Colon, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon