Which procedure would you recommend for acne scars, fine lines, large pores and overall tired looking skin? (Photo)

I have acne scarring and large pores and some fine lines starting an overall tired skin appearance, what procedure would work best for me?

Acne Scarring -- Lasers (Fraxel, Co2/Erbium, VIVA, Intensif); Microneedling/PRP, Fillers (Bellafill); Subcision; Punch Excision

I suggest a formal consultation with an acne scarring expert. You will need a combination approach with lasers, TCA cross, peels/skin care.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Fraxel is a laser skin rejuvenation treatment that resurfaces your outer skin, erasing imperfections. It also encourages the production of collagen, a protein found in connective tissue.The result is clearly visible lines, folds and wrinkles. Fraxel laser skin rejuvenation is a non-invasive technique that affects only about 20 percent of the facial skin exposed to it. The most common side effects of Fraxel laser treatment are swelling and skin redness, which should subside within a couple of days. Other temporary side effects may include minor itching, dry skin, peeling or flaking, and a bronzed skin appearance. The risk of infection or scarring is very limited. You should stay out of the sun 2-4 weeks.

Elliot M. Heller, MD

​What is the treatment for Fine Lines aging tired look and acne scars

What is the treatment for Fine Lines aging tired look and acne scars. Well I think that you can treat all of those things by rejuvenating the skin. So what can you do to rejuvenate your skin and to bring back some of the turgor and youthfulness of your skin when you were young. I think you can do all those treatments by treating the multiple layers in the skin. You need some tissues that can rejuvenate your skin's deeper layers and you also need treatment for the surface through laser resurfacing. I think that there are ways to treat the skin's multiple layers and treat acne scars. We have a 5-7 step process that treats all types of scars from Acne and in the process it also rejuvenates your skin. 

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Acne scars and pores and fine lines

Acne scars, pores, fine lines can be treated effectively with EMatrix, chemical peels, and Clear and Brilliant and Fraxel laser. Please consult an expert. Best, Dr. Green

Skin rejuvenation

There are several things that can be done to help the skin. A good skin care regime that includes Retin A, a growth factor, microneedling, and chemical peels. More aggressive measures include Fraxel 1927 for the pigment, Infini for skin tightening and pores. There are a multitude of possible treatments and an evaluation in person will help.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Acne Scarring & Fine Lines

Thank you for sharing your concerns. Schedule an appointment with either a dermatologist for licensed aesthetician and they will get you started on a skin care regimen (I recommend ZO Skin Health) that will be customized for your skin type. If you want to take it a step further, chemical peels and laser treatments will be able to decrease the amount of scarring due to acne, however these will be done in sessions to get the best results. Not only will the ZO Skin Health regimen help with overall skin tone, appearance, and texture, but if you are looking to decrease fine lines and wrinkles, injectable and/or dermal filler treatments are also an option and we've seen great results! Please consult a board-certified plastic surgeon or licensed aesthetician to plan your treatment(s).

Abdollah Malek, MD
Newark Plastic Surgeon

Acne scars

Hi thanks to share your concern,to begin with a basic skin care regime with topical retinoids and an  exfoliating face wash is suggested.after good skin priming you can do chemical peeling in sessions to even out your fine lines and to improve your acne scars.please do consult a board certified dermatologist and plan your treatment.