What methods would you use to treat my acne scarring specifically? (Photo)

I am not concerned with the redness. That covers well, and always eventually fades on its own. The holes in my skin are what are massively heartbreaking.

Doctor Answers 3

What methods would you use to treat my acne scarring specifically

Thank you for your question.  Lasers,chemical peels, fillers, and dermabrasion are all good options.  Best wishes.                          

Dallas Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 108 reviews

Acne scarring

Depending on the severity of the scars, a combination of laser resurfacing, chemical peels, and fillers would be applicable.

Ava Shamban, MD
Santa Monica Dermatologic Surgeon
3.9 out of 5 stars 9 reviews

Acne Scarring -- Requires a Combination of Fractional Laser Resurfacing, Fillers Like Bellafill, Subcision and Eclipse Micropen

You need a cosmetic dermatologist who specializes in acne scarring/pigmentation and does a combination of treatments including: surgery, subcision, or TCA cross for deep or pitted "ice pick" scars; fillers like Bellafill or Sculptra or Radiesse for broad "boxcar" or "rolling" scars; Eclipse Micropen for all types of scars and improvement in texture and tone; lasers such as co2 laser resurfacing or Fraxel/Clear+Brilliant or radiofrequency such as Sublative or Viva to improve the scars and give long term collagen production. There are many options but you want someone who can customize a regimen for your short and long term goals based on your individual situation. Best, Dr. Emer.

Jason Emer, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 196 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.