I am 18 years old boy And having skin problems on my face day by day i am worried about it please can you help me. (photos)

I am having pimples or Acne on my face these are increasing day by day .I take care of my face very wisely but their is no positive result.Can you please suggest me what to do and what not to do wich face wash i should use wich medicine should i take ..

Doctor Answers 2

Acne with PIH dark skin

This should be taken care of by a dermatologist. Prescription products such as Retin A and hydroquinone is needed. Scarring can occur if not taken care of properly. Chemical peels, oral medications, and other topical medications may be useful. 

Panama City Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 41 reviews

Acne treatments

Thank you for your question. It's difficult to evaluate your skin through a photograph, but it looks like you have a combination of acne: active lesions (red pimples) and comedones (whiteheads and blackheads). There are multiple different treatments for acne including oral antibiotics, topical creams, Accutane, chemical peels, facials, light therapy, etc. In my experience, I found a combination therapy of oral antibiotics and topical creams is effective in treating combination acne. I highly recommend you consult with a board certified dermatologist to evaluate your skin and to discuss treatment options that best suit your needs. Take care and good luck.

Reuel Aspacio, MD, FAAD
Las Vegas Dermatologist
5.0 out of 5 stars 6 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.