How do I get rid of my acne and scars? (photos)

There are days when my face is clearing up and then all of a sudden I wake up with a face full of acne or irritated skin. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, please help. Thank you.

Light acne scars can be treated with Ematrix RF

I would begin with application of Melapads twice daily; followed by Ematrix RF and Yag laser as part of our Hidef Acne Scar Treatment.Best, Dr. KaramanoukianLos AngelesAcne Scars

Treating acne and acne scars

You seem to have a lot of clogged pores (closed comedones) which are the precursor to acne breakouts. As long as your skin pores are constantly clogged, the trapped oil cannot escape and hence your skin will be bumpy. If the pores are infected with acne, then you develop the pimples of acne which look like pink bumps. If you are a teenager, you are not doing anything wrong. You are among the 80% worldwide who have acne. Acne is driven by androgen hormones that surge during adolescence. You cannot terminate acne. Even  Accutane is not 100% terminator. You can only prevent them till you get to be 21 or 22 years old, then they go away whether you like it or not.  Around this age, as your androgen hormones go down, your acne disappears too. By the way, I don't ever treat my patients with Accutane. They improve acne but they leave horrible, horrible scars.

Okay, what do you do? Your acne needs to be controlled well. I am already seeing some shallow scars. The problem with acne is not the acne itself. Over time, they go away, whether you like it or not. The real problem is the scars that the acne infection leave behind. These scars don't go away on their own. They stay forever. To prevent this from happening, the acne needs to be controlled. I wish I can tell you to spray your face with this or that, or use this or that product. It is more involved than that. What I can say though is that your scars don't seem to have gotten very bad yet so see a derm who has an excellent record of treating all types of acne so your scars will not become worse.  Good luck.

Cynthia M. Lopez, MD
Fresno Physician

Acne and Scars

A formal asesment as to the cause of the acne is first indicated and a careful evaluation to products and the necessary lab tests to evaluate.  Please contest an expert. Best, Dr. Green

Acne Scarring -- Requires a Combination of Fractional Laser Resurfacing, Fillers Like Bellafill, Subcision and Eclipse Micropen

Treat this with isotretionin to get rid of it completely.  Glycolic washes and salicylic acid body sprays help. Acne scarring is best treated in a combination approach with lasers, microneedling, subcision and skin care.  Best, Dr. Emer