How do I find a specialist and artist in Minnesota that focuses on acne scarring and volume loss?

I have tried many of the "best" dermatologist in MN. I have tried CO@ Fraxel Profractional, Celphyl, Pixel, Halo, Peels, Skin Pen. It has been hell. I feel like no one has a plan. they just throw what they own at you. I feel like my skin has gotten worse, it is crepey, loss of volume, texture is worse, and now pigmented too. so heart breaking. How do I find someone that does not just push the lasers or options that they have but will give an honest answer on what is best for my face.

Acne Scarring and Volume Loss

Without a photo it is difficult to ascertain the nature of your scars.  I would definitely recommend consultant with a dermatologist who is an expert in fillers and lasers.  It sound as if you could benefit from Sculptra or Voluma to first gain volume before dealing with the surface irregularities.  Please consult and expert in scars.  Best, Dr. Green

Acne can be a stubborn beast.

First, forget about improving the scarring and appearance of your skin until your acne is under control. Find someone who will work with you using medical therapy, like antibiotics and retinoids, to stop any further damage.  There are some laser therapies like IPL that can help with acne, but should not be the main form of treatment.  The therapies that we offer in our office are ones that we have carefully researched and invested in because we believe in their ability to produce consistent positive results.  Hopefully that has also been the case with the treatments that have been recommended to you as well.  

Bryan Rolfes, MD

Bryan Rolfes, MD
Minneapolis Otolaryngologist

Acne Scarring

Thank you for your question.  You had many treatments without success. Based on your description, you have scarring, aging changes, and hyperpigmentation.  A modified TCA peel combined with simultaneous fractionated CO2 laser has been the most effective treatment in my hands. You would need to use topicals before and after this treatments.  Not many physicians are doing this treatment, and I am unaware of anybody in Minnesota who does.  

Raj P. TerKonda, MD, FACS

Go the Distance for the Best Acne Scar Treatments

For acne scarring, a combination would be best. I recommend using lasers, microneedling/PRP, fillers, and possible subcision.  Don't let distance dissuade you from seeing an expert in acne scarring. Best, Dr. Emer.