Does this look concerning? 1 1/2 weeks out from a small scar revision. Has gotten bad in the last 48 hours. (photo)

Does this look ok? About 1 1/2 weeks out from a small scar revision. The other side is nearly healed but this one has been a little red, now it's kind of opening and turning black in the middle and getting really red around it. I'm cleaning it and taking care of it. But it seems a little extreme to go from a little line that was closed to opening and turning colors. My ps is really busy (I had to wait 6 months just to schedule my revision) so I would hate to make an appt if it's nothing bad!

Follow up with your surgeon

I would defer to your surgeon for care. Apply Plato's Scar Serum and use local wound care to optimize wound healing at this point. 
Best, Dr. Karamanoukian
Los Angeles

Scar Revision -- Results

Signs of infection include redness, swelling, warmth, purulent drainage, and increased temperature. I am concerned that the incision has begin to "open" and is turning red. I suggest scheduling a follow up appointment with your physician for further evaluation. Best, Dr. Emer

Scar revision questions

Hi,

If you were my patient I would want to see you immediately to help address these concerns.

You should never feel bad about contacting your doctor, no matter how busy they seem.

You may be having a reaction to the sutures on the inside, which may be trying to poke through. Or perhaps the wound is opening up.  It's difficult to say for sure without seeing the area in person. I would get in touch with your physician who can help you with the next best steps. 

Take care!

Elizabeth Geddes-Bruce, MD, MS
Austin Dermatologic Surgeon