Preventing belly wrinkles

When you sit down for a while and then look at your belly later, you'll see the folds of where your belly creased. This later leads to wrinkles/permanent creases when your are older, correct? I'm 23. So should I rub I don't know say 5% glycolic acid into those creases. Two things bother me: - In the short term, then I'll just have creases and they will be slightly redder or eventually just different color than the rest of my belly skin which will look weird. What is most commonly done?

Preventing Belly Wrinkles

If you are having wrinkles now, over time those will worsen with age. However, it is normal for the abdominal skin to wrinkle when you sit. I would suggest 2 things if the wrinkles remain when you stand, microneedling for treating existing skin laxity and using great skincare. Microneedling works to stimulate collagen and elastin, making the skin more firm and youthful while diminishing the appearance of finelines and wrinkles. The second suggestion I have would be in regards to your skincare regimen. I would suggest in between microneedling sessions, use Ha5. Ha5 is a SkinMedica product that utilizes 5 hyaluronic acids to increase the skin’s hydration station status. Rehydrating the skin will help to smooth out fine lines and wrinkles.

Columbus Physician

Preventinig belly #wrinkles

Thanks for posting your question. From a daily prevention standpoint the most important things you can do are to wear sun screen (when outside), use good posture, and avoid weight fluctuations. To help build collagen (the strength layer of the skin) consider some simple, non-invasive treatments such as #ThermiSmooth or #SkinTyte. These treatments help to build collagen. The more collagen you have, the slower your skin will age. Be well, Dr. M

Jared Mallalieu, DO
Annapolis General Surgeon

Preventing belly wrinkles

Thank you for your excellent question.  The best way to minimize the appearance of these belly creases is by maintaining your weight and posture to avoid long-term changes from this natural phenomenon.  No need to pursue Glycolic acid or other treatments but be sure to use sunblock whenever you plan on being outdoors.  Hope this helps.