Did I properly care for my wound and how bad might the resulting scar be?

I cut my ankle after tripping over a metal bed frame. I immediately cleaned the cut an kept it moist in neosporin daily and covered with a bandage for 1 week. Did I need stitches? At 1.5 weeks after the skin around the wound turned brown and some of the skin looks whitish/pink. Is this white skin permanent? I am concerned that I left a bandage on it too long as the healed skin looks much worse than the original wound. I am a seamstress, so this ankle pushes a sewing pedal for most of the day.

Hidef scar revision protocol

You did a good job to date. I would now start a Hidef scar protocol that includes fractional laser, light chemical peels, ematrix RF, and Plato's Scar Serum. 

Dr. Karamanoukian

Los Angeles

Don't worry!  The wound you have looks like it's healing beautifully.  The white tissue is just the new skin and scar tissue that is holding the wound together.  As the scar continues to heal (usually between 6 months and a year) the tissue will gradually become more and more pigmented like the surrounding skin.  No cause for alarm.  Further things you can do to help it develop a nice soft flat scar is to avoid UV exposure and keep it well moisturized.  Best of luck!

Dr. Jespersen

M. Renee Jespersen, MD
Arlington Plastic Surgeon