What is the best route to visibly reduce acne scarring along cheeks, temples & achieve an overall clearer, even tone? (photo)

Possibly rolling and boxcar scarring evident on both sides of face. Thought about TCA Cross, followed by laser. Maybe subcision? No clue...

Reduce acne scarring

I agree with many of my colleagues that to achieve significant improvement in acne scars often multiple treatment modalities are needed.  In our practice we frequently recommend a regimen of resurfacing (often fractional if there are concerns about skin pigment), subcission with fillers (Bellafil has produced great results!), micro needling, and topical therapies.  Considering consulting with several practitioners to find out which treatments may be best for you.  Good luck!  

Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Treatment for rolling and atrophic acne scars

There is no single treatment which is best for correction of acne scarring in most cases.  Although the photographs you supply our a bit difficult to see, I would recommend a combination of subcision and technology-based treatment.  It is possible that injectables will play a role as well.  I am not a fan of the TCA cross technique as many patients have sought my advice on how to fix complications caused by this technique.

Brian Biesman, MD
Nashville Oculoplastic Surgeon

Acne Scars and Best Treatment NYC

The best way to treat your acne scars would be a combination of fillers such as Restylane for your acne scars and lasers such as eMatrix for the texture.  With your skin type it is really important to have a "color blind" laser such as Fraxel so that you won't have hyper or hypopigmentation.  Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green