What is the best route to visibly reduce acne scarring along cheeks, temples & achieve an overall clearer, even tone? (photo)

Possibly rolling and boxcar scarring evident on both sides of face. Thought about TCA Cross, followed by laser. Maybe subcision? No clue...

Doctor Answers 3

Acne Scars and Best Treatment NYC

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

The best way to treat your acne scars would be a combination of fillers such as Restylane for your acne scars and lasers such as eMatrix for the texture.  With your skin type it is really important to have a "color blind" laser such as Fraxel so that you won't have hyper or hypopigmentation.  Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

Reduce acne scarring

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
I agree with many of my colleagues that to achieve significant improvement in acne scars often multiple treatment modalities are needed.  In our practice we frequently recommend a regimen of resurfacing (often fractional if there are concerns about skin pigment), subcission with fillers (Bellafil has produced great results!), micro needling, and topical therapies.  Considering consulting with several practitioners to find out which treatments may be best for you.  Good luck!  

Larry Lickstein, MD
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon
4.2 out of 5 stars 43 reviews

Treatment for rolling and atrophic acne scars

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
There is no single treatment which is best for correction of acne scarring in most cases.  Although the photographs you supply our a bit difficult to see, I would recommend a combination of subcision and technology-based treatment.  It is possible that injectables will play a role as well.  I am not a fan of the TCA cross technique as many patients have sought my advice on how to fix complications caused by this technique.

Brian Biesman, MD
Nashville Oculoplastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 43 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.