How to get rid of pimples and acne?

I am a Maldivian women.and I m 23 years. For the past 3 years I am having small pimples on my face and very itching.and so many ance.please give a solution for this

How to get rid of pimples and acne?

Thanks for your query. You should consider using topical adapelene at night on acne and consider regular chemical peels for a clearer skin. You should visit dermatologist and workout a treatment plan. Hope it helps.

All The Best

India Plastic Surgeon

Peels, washes, medications and light

I suggest you see a general dermatologist as they will find a solution for you. Simple peels such as Sal. acid can help, especially if you have blackhead acne. Vitamin A creams or tablets can help, as can antibiotics, and in some cases laser lights. A medical dermatologist can always tailor a regime based upon your acne type. All the best, Dr Davin LimBrisbane, Australia. Laser and aesthetic dermatologist. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

Oral medications are often used in combination with topical medications for Acne treatment. Antibiotics such as minocycline, tetracycline, and doxycycline are prescribed to control the growth of bacteria in the skin and in the sebaceous glands.For acne scarring, the fraxel dual is the gold standard for treatment. With the Fraxel,acne scars are improved over a series of 4 or 5 sessions. Vbeam laser treatment can significantly reduce both inflammatory acne and non-inflammatory acne. Following laser treatment, inflammatory acne lesions are reduced by an average of 85% and non-inflammatory acne lesions are reduced by approximately 70%. In addition, the laser will help improve acne scars and reduce redness in the skin. You should see a board certificated dermatologist as soon as possible to find a treatment protocol that works best for you.

Getting rid of acne pimples

A variety of over the counter products that contain salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide can be tried as a starting point. If that's not enough, your dermatologist can help determine if there is a hormonal element to your acne, or other potential causes, and prescription topical or oral therapies can be used successfully, and in some cases chemical peels and lasers as well.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Treating acne

Diet such as sugar carbs or milk would be first concern . Next possible poly cystic ovary need to be evaluated. Effective over th counter treatments include tea tree oil or topical green tea. A vi peel is effective in lightening dark narjs

Morris Westfried, MD
Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon

Acne treatment... a Quick review.

I am sorry that you are having concerns about your acne and thanks for sharing your question. I can appreciate your concern.

There are various levels of treatment based on your condition.
The entrance point is to try to control the sources of acne.
It is as follows:
1. Bacteria: either benzoid peroxide or oral antibiotics will help with this issue.
2. Obstruction of the pores: retin A, scrubbing with granule soaps or gentle abrasive pads.
3. control of oil on skin: specific soaps and some acids (salicylic acid toners or soaps).
4. Diet: control for sources of grease in your skin (no chocolate, butter, etc.)

if you do not control it with this, hormonal components may be considered.

Accutane is the next level of treatment. It is more aggressive, and with some side effects.

If scaring is present.
Subcision, fractional laser, resurfacing lasers and more recently precision TX laser re-contouring are available.
Finally, make sure that you have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon that specializes in after weight loss surgery.

Wishing you the best in your journey

Intervention and Control of Acne

Options for management include a routine of facial skin care, topical antibiotic applications such as clindamycin, and oral antibiotics such as doxycycline. Once the Acne is under control, you should consider some form of facial resurfacing to reduce the prominence of the post-acne pock mark scarring. This includes more aggressive chemoablative processes such as chemical peels (up to 70% Glycolic Acid peel) and the use of thermoablative processes such as laser skin therapy.  The goal of these interventions is to reduce the bacterial colony count on the skin, and therefore reduce the development of pimples.

Multiple factors, such as age, hormonal state, medication use, diet, and personal hygiene influence the development of acne.  Furthermore, there are several different forms of acne.  The optimal treatment depends on your individual circumstances.

Mark Anthony Knight, MD

Acne - Combination of Treatments Needed

The best treatment for acne depends upon an individual’s skin type, age, ethnicity, sun exposure, overall health and most importantly, the type of acne present (inflammatory papules, pustules, comedones, cysts, scars). In order to give you an accurate treatment plan, a consultation is required to properly assess your skin.

An important step for all skin types is sun protection including the use of daily sunscreen, sun hats and sunglasses, all of which help prevent aging and sunburns. 

When it comes to acne treatments, a combination of treatments are available including cosmeceuticals (medical grade skin care products specific for acne including ZO® Skin Health or ZO® Medical, Skinceuticals® or Glo-Minerals®), topical antibacterials, topical retinoids, oral antibacterials, oral anti-androgens, oral retinoids (isotretinoin), chemical peels (light, medium, and deep peels), lasers (Cutera Excel-V laser, Nd:YAG spectra laser), and light based devices (blue/red light, IPL/BBL, PDT with metvix or levulan). 

These are advanced techniques so be sure to get an experienced dermatologist  for recommendations and treatment options.

Alim R. Devani, MD, FRCPC
Calgary Dermatologist