I've been on Tretinoin for 8 months with no results. Is my dermatologist giving me the wrong advice?

I've been going to my dermatologist since January for mild acne, and she put me on a regimen of Azelaic acid and tretinoin (.05%). She said that since my skin is oily, I should stop using a moisturizer. She also said that I didn't have to use sunscreen. I research online and found that her advice contradicts majority of the advice given online, but I stuck with it anyway. My skin is still oily, and I believe this oiliness is still giving me clogged pores. Is my derm giving me the wrong advice?

Acne Control and Treatments

Acne
treatments work by preventing new acne. Treatment takes time. If your acne has
not improved after 6 to 8 weeks, you may need a change in your treatment. Each of the recommended treatments, including products have different mechanisms of action. Rather than considering the plan you are following is wrong, I would consider additional plans be implemented to control and correct your oily skin.
Excess oil, clogged pores and bacteria and inflammation are key factors in causing acne ( along with underlying hormones!). Getting a perfect skin balance with a proper products and a skin care regimen is key to control!Consider a follow up visit and inquire about skin care oil control with appropriate cleansers, toners and scrubs ( such as the ZO Skin Health Care line). Also, topical Tretinoic acid is KEY for all skin types for  control of cell turnover and improvement of texture !  Lastly, a broad-spectrum  sunscreen is imperative part of skin health for everyone over the age of 6 months!

San Juan Capistrano Physician