Want to get rid of Post Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation. Nothing works. Ready to spend... (photo)

I unfortunately got a pimple a few months ago right below my lower lip. I've had two smaller pimples nearby so I know that they don't go away for me. The other two PIH are still there after more than a year. It doesn't look very bad in the photo but it is in real life. From what I can read online there doesn't seem to be much I can do about this other than chemical peels and perhaps IPL or similar. What else can be done? I would pay up to $5000 to have this solved.

Lasers for PIH

If red is the predominant colour, a vascular laser can help, if brown, a q switch laser such as Picosure, or Picoway can be effective. Above all, SPF +++ daily. You will need 2-4 sessions for optimal results. See a Certified Specialist in your area for a face to face evaluation as this will give the best diagnosis. Dr Davin Lim. Brisbane. Australia. 

Brisbane Dermatologist

Hyperpigmentation

Thank you for your photos. Scars continue to mature and improve over a year. Your scar is in a particularly vascular area which means the redness will likely take longer to go away. You can continue treating your scar with various methods. The best daily option is a topical silicone-based gels with SPF to keep the scar out of the sun. UV exposure will make the hyperpigmentation permanent and more difficult to remove. Finally, hydroquinone bleaching cream can be used in conjunction with IPL to really hit the pigment with the "big guns."  For the best treatment options, it is important to visit an expert for an in-person examination to determine your exact skin type. There may be several other options, but it depends on your skin type as the wrong treatment can make the pigmentation even worse. Hope this helps!

Johnson C. Lee MD, Plastic Surgery

Johnson C. Lee, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

PIH from acne scars

PIH is typically treated with Retin A, hydroquinones, and chemical peels. If not improving after 3-4 months, lasers can be effective in treatment.

Steven F. Weiner, MD