Effective Mixto laser setting for acne scars on hispanic olive skin color?

I have olive tond skin color and had 3 mixto laser almost 5 years for my acne scars with the setting of 180-sx8 20% 12 watts. However, i never saw any improvement on my scars. I would like to know if this setting was strong enough to make changes to my scars? At this point, I'm not sure if I should get Mixto laser (stronger settings) or infini? Iooking forward to your answers. Thanks

Facial Aging and Lasers like Fraxel/Clear + Brilliant, RF like VIVA, Peels, Fillers, Skin Care, Face Lift, Fat Injections

What matters most with lasers is who is doing the settings and the proper combination therapy.  It is likely that you need more than just laser treatments. I suggest a formal consultation.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Mixto laser for Hispanic darker skin type

I don't use the mixto laser but I hear this story all the time. If you are treating acne scarring with just lasering then it really doesn't treat the whole process. Acne is a multi-layered disease process that is centered around the hair follicle hence you need a multi-layered approach to really treat all aspects of acne scarring. We have a multi-layered approach that treats all types of acne scars through a 5-7 step process that is done in about 2 hours

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon