Subcision and TCA CROSS has led to a worse scar. What will make it go away? (Photo)

Please help. I have a horrible worse scar after TCA Cross and subcision. I don't know if this will heal. Also there is a lump / spot that has formed. I thought the red scar would peel off but it has just got worse. What will make it go?

Wound care is important.

Hard to comment on what was done, a before photo would be good. Dr Emer is correct, you do need to see someone ASAP for wound care. This will reduce the chances of further scarring. Video below shows how to assess scars for appropriate treatments. 

Acne scar revision is a specialised field. For the best results, one should target the acne scar type with ideal treatments. For example deep ice pick scars, and narrow box car scars can be treated with TCA CROSS peels, mixed scars, rolling, and atrophic scars treated with fractional devices such as Fraxel, fractional lasers, PRP and INFINI radiofrequency. Atrophic scars (depressions) can be treated with either fat grafts, or with HA dermal fillers. Tethered and anchored scars are best treated with surgery.

The majority of patients will have a collection of different scar types, and hence a tailored treatment METHOD will be best. Careful examination, especially under angled lighting with scar mapping will give you an understanding of what are the best options for your scars.

Dr Davin Lim.

Laser, surgical & aesthetic dermatologist.

Brisbane, Australia.

Brisbane Dermatologist

See a Cosmetic Dermatologist for Wound Care

It's hard to tell from your pictures, but it looks like this is still healing. I recommend following up with a cosmetic dermatologist for wound care. I recommend silicone gel with growth factors and sun protection. Keep in mind with scar treatments, it may take a series of treatments and usually a combination approach with lasers, microneedling/prp, TCA cross and subcision. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer