Would the cut on my face scar even more if the stitches are removed 9 days after? Should I ask my doctor to remove it earlier?

So, I had a cut under my right eye on Saturday morning. The cut is stitched and I saw my plastic surgeon today (Monday) and he said the cut is healing nicely. My question is: when should the stitches be removed? I asked my doctor today when is he removing the stitches and he said on next Monday which is 9 days after. After reading a lot of Q&As here, I gather that stitches on the face should be romoved after 5-7 days to prevent additional scarring from the stitches.

Plato's Scar Serum for a surgical wound

I would speak to your surgeon about the appropriate time for suture removal given the tension parameters on your wound. Follow with Plato's Scar Serum once th skin heals over. 

Dr. Karamanoukian

Los Angeles

Removal of Stitches/Timing?/Avoid Scarring--Consult Your Dr--Silicone Gels for wound healing/Lasers for scarring

I would consult your Dr. as to timing if you're concerned. For wound healing, I recommend wound healing at this time including silicone based scar gels with growth factors. Any scarring could be improved with lasers, microneedling/PRP and fillers. Please see an expert. Best, Dr. Emer