Treatments for Hyperpigmentation After Laser Treatment?

My doctor, a dermatologist, knew I had a hyperpigmentation condition before the laser treatment. Now, I have huge dark brown spots on my cheeks after the treatment. My skin also became very sensitive. How this be treated? Should the doctor still have performed the treatment, knowing I had hyperpigmentation before?

Post Inflammatory Hyperpigmention Relief with Scler-X

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I hope the two of you discussed this potential prior to the procedure via informed consent. Burn injury is a known side effect following laser procedures and is patient specific and on occasion, related to equipment or technique. Nevertheless, it is vitally important for you to see the physician who did the procedure following the event to get guidance. 

Scler-X is a post-inflammatory relief complex that is taken orally. I also recommend 2 creams called Sclerovase and Scleroquin plus (see link below). 

Hratch L Karamanoukian MD FACS 

Treating Post Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation

Great question that affects alot of other people, especially those with tanned or darker skin tones! Hyperpigmentation can be avoided with laser treatments by pre-treating with topical medical-grade products that will suppress the discoloration. 
Clear + Brilliant Perméa is the latest in Clear + Brilliant®technology utilizing a low-power 1927 nm non-invasive fractional laser for rejuvenation and pigmentation. The Clear + Brilliant Perméa is designed to address early signs of aging, sun-damaged and uneven pigmentation.

#ClearandBrilliant   #lasertreatments    #Permealasertreatments

Sun spots show up to protect your deep skin layers, but they don't look good

Hyperpigmentation is a result of light sensitivity in the deep dermal layers. The pigment is trying to block unwanted light from further irritating these cells. When the pigmentation is removed by laser, the skin will try to put more pigment in. This is why many will show more unwanted pigmentation after laser (which is a concentrated form of high intensity light itself). There are methods to ease the sensitive cells so they will not react as they did, but this needs careful conditioning and protection of the deep layers. I have been very successful in clearing stubborn pigmentation, but the patient must be committed to work through a program of at least 2 months with me.