How to heal a slight gash on the upper bridge of my nose. (photo)

Got into a fight and someone kicked my nose while i was defending myself. Im okay now and the criminals were detained but now i have this cut and it has a slight hump to it now. What can i do to further heal it?

Doctor Answers 2

Dermatix or silicone, sunscreen

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

The best way forward is to use SPF to prevent skin darkening, I would also use silicone sheeting as well. Lasers can help down the line. This should heal up fine if you look after the scar early. All the best, Dr Davin Lim. Brisbane. Australia. 

See a Cosmetic Dermatologist for Wound Care

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I recommend seeing a cosmetic dermatologist for wound care to prevent scarring. I suggest silicone gel with growth factors. Any subsequent scarring can be improved with lasers and microneedling/prp. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Jason Emer, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 203 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.