I waxed my upper lip yesterday and I woke up with irritated red skin that is now scabbing ? (photos)

my upper lip is now dark due to the scabs what can I do to avoid it from scaring ? I'm using neosporin and it's helped with the irritation and dryness ?

Plato's Scar Serum and Melarase PM

I would use a combination of Plato's Scar Serum and Melarase PM followed by Clear and Brilliant laser. 

Dr. Karamanoukian

Los Angeles

Inflammation after waxing

Your skin is only very recently irritated and inflammed from the wax. It is too early to attempt any treatments while you heal as they can make your inflammation worse. It is best to allow your skin to recover on its own and protecting it with a skin protectant such as aquaphor and SPF to avoid UV damage and hyperpigmentation. If you continue to have hyperpigmentation after you skin heals in the next few weeks, you can consider additional energy-based treatments such as lasers or IPL or topical therapies such as bleaching cream, but it is more likely that your skin will heal well on its own. Hope this helps.
Johnson C. Lee MDPlastic Surgery

Johnson C. Lee, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

Hyperpigmentation On Face/Body -- Clear + Brilliant/Viva, Microneelding/PRP, Skin lightening/Peels, Aerolase, Pico Laser

Silicone based scar gels may help improve healing. If dark pigmentation persists after healing it can be improved with lasers, microneedling, peels, and skin care. I suggest using skin protection and avoiding sun exposure to this area. Please see an expert for treatment. Best, Dr. Emer