Does minocycline + epiduo help my dark acne scars?

I have just started using epiduo on my back and taking mynocycline. My back has dark brown acne scars, some pitted. Will this combination help with the scarring? Or do I need to find another treatment specifically for scarring?

Dark pigmentation and discoloration

I would begin with application of Melarase creams, Exfolase lotion, Clear and Brilliant laser, and skin resurfacing as part of our Hidef Acne Scar Protocol. 

Dr. Karamanoukian
#Realself100 Surgeon

Dark Scars on Face -- Clear + Brilliant or Venus VIVA, Microneedling/PRP, lightening cream

Minocycline actually has the ability to make scars darker and epiduo will stain your clothing if you put on your back. The best treatmen for this is lasers or peels.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Dark Marks on Back

This combination of products will definitely help your acne to keep it under good control.  However, it will not help your scars or dark spots at all.  You will need a combination of bleaching creams and Retinoids to help with the cark spots as well as chemical peels and eMatrix to help heal the scars. Please consult a specialist with expertise in these scars.  Best, Dr. Green

Acne Scars

Thank you for your question.  Minocycline and epiduo are good acne treatments but they are not treatments for scarring.  Retinoids can help lighten dark spots, but the pitted scarring generally requires a procedural types of treatment, such as laser, for improvement.Best of Luck!Dr. Shah

Sejal Shah, MD

Acne scars

Hi there,This is a good acne regimen, but it is not a regimen for pitted scarring. Good luck and be well.

Estee Williams, MD