How do I get rid of my acne scars? At home/professional treatments welcome

I suffer from moderate acne , and acne scars I'm really more concerned about how to get rid of my acne scars. They are scars from past acne that has been popped.

Doctor Answers 4

Acne and Scars

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I suggest a formal consultation with a board certified dermatologist to discover the cause of your acne.  You might benefit from Accutane followed by chemical peels or lasers to correct the remaining scars.  Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

Acne scars with PIH in dark skin

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I would treat with topicals which are prescription, Retin A and hydroquinone. Chemical peels would also help. If scars remain, I would use lasers or Infini.

Steven F. Weiner, MD
Panama City Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 52 reviews

Acne scars

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Acne scars can be treated with multiple modalities.  The key is to determine what kind of scarring you have, and this will tailor best treatment options.  For this reason it is best to seek out a professional consultation.

Many people think brown discoloration is "scarring" but in reality this is temporary and with proper sun avoidance, brightening creams, chemical peels, and light treatments, the skin can be completely cleared from the pigmentation.

Deeper scarring and chnges in textxure are best addressed with lasers that remodel collagen and tighten the skin.

Roni Munk, MD
Montreal Dermatologic Surgeon
4.2 out of 5 stars 9 reviews

A Professional Approach Will Help

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Acne scarring can be treated with a combination approach of lasers, peels, skin care, microneedling/PRP, fillers and quality skin care. I suggest consulting with an experienced cosmetic dermatologist. Best, Dr. Emer

Jason Emer, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 202 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.