How do I get rid of my acne scars? At home/professional treatments welcome (Photos)

I suffer from moderate acne , and acne scars I'm really more concerned about how to get rid of my acne scars. I am 18. They are scars from past acne that has been popped.

Acne and Scars

I suggest a formal consultation with a board certified dermatologist to discover the cause of your acne.  You might benefit from Accutane followed by chemical peels or lasers to correct the remaining scars.  Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

Acne scars with PIH in dark skin

I would treat with topicals which are prescription, Retin A and hydroquinone. Chemical peels would also help. If scars remain, I would use lasers or Infini.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Acne scars

Acne scars can be treated with multiple modalities.  The key is to determine what kind of scarring you have, and this will tailor best treatment options.  For this reason it is best to seek out a professional consultation.

Many people think brown discoloration is "scarring" but in reality this is temporary and with proper sun avoidance, brightening creams, chemical peels, and light treatments, the skin can be completely cleared from the pigmentation.

Deeper scarring and chnges in textxure are best addressed with lasers that remodel collagen and tighten the skin.

Roni Munk, MD
Montreal Dermatologic Surgeon

A Professional Approach Will Help

Acne scarring can be treated with a combination approach of lasers, peels, skin care, microneedling/PRP, fillers and quality skin care. I suggest consulting with an experienced cosmetic dermatologist. Best, Dr. Emer