Deep acne scar surgery? (photos)

I visited a plastic surgeon I trust and he told me that the best option for my scars would be to cut them off and stitch the healthy skin together. As far as I know this is the punch incision technique...? Attached are a couple of images of my left cheek, same scaring I have on the right one as well. Do you think it is the right technique for me?

Acne Scarring -- Requires a Combination of Fractional Laser Resurfacing, Fillers Like Bellafill, Subcision and Eclipse Micropen

Fillers, subcision, lasers and fillers can be used to give improvement to this area. I suggest you see an expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Scars and surgery

I assume the punch will be for smaller scars. Your scars are atrophic and tethered. You will benefit from fillers and surgical subcision. See the video below for a through explanation of acne scar types and treat options.All the bestDr Davin Lim Laser dermatologistBrisbane, Australia. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

Volumizing Fillers Can Reflate Sunken Cheeks & Stretch Overlying Scars

Given what I see in the photos, I do not think that the surgeon you consulted was referring to punch excisions, since these procedures (in general performed much less frequently these days than in the past anyway) are typically reserved for smaller, depressed scars, such as boxcar scars. He/she was likely referring to full excision with closure of the scars, which, if so, would certainly NOT be the approach I would take, What is apparent is that, in addition to longish, linear scars, there is quite a significant, generalized loss of cheek volume that is likely making the overall appearance of the scars that much worse. Accordingly, I would consider first revolumizing the cheek with a volumizing filler. Voluma XC would be my choice for this purpose in my Upper East Side Manhattan office, and in my Israel satellite facility, where a far greater number of regulatory agency approved volumizing fillers are available, I would opt for Stylage XXL. Reflating the cheeks in this fashion, by itself, should not only improve your overall appearance, but will stretch the overlying scars and make them significantly less deep, i.e. more shallow. The results of this approach, which takes only about five minutes per side to perform, is typically immediate and will likely, by itself, engender an immediate "Wow!" response. I have personally performed this procedure for this very purpose many times, and I can attest to how gratifying the result can be to both patient and doctor. Additionally, if deemed necessary or desired, subcision, with or without the addition of a filler, such as Restylane Lyft (NY) or Hyaluronica 2 (Israel) may then be used to further elevate the now more shallow scars.You would do well to seek a second opinion from an aesthetic physician with experience and expertise in all forms of scar treatments. Best of luck to you.

Nelson Lee Novick, MD