I have irritation or acne on my forehead; what should I do? (Photos)

Hi i have never really had acne or anything but the past year or so i have these bumps on my forehead at first they were colourless but now they are a bit redish (sorry if i spelled wrong)

Doctor Answers 1


Thank you for your question. It's difficult to assess your skin through photographs, but it looks like you have multiple closed comedones, also known as whiteheads. In my experience, the best way to treat comedones is with a topical retinoid, such as Retin-A, tretinoin, adapalene, Differin, etc. The purpose of the these medications is to gently exfoliate your skin to bring the comedones to the surface of the skin for removal. Alternative therapies include facials, chemical peels, or extractions. I highly recommend you consult with a board certified dermatologist to have your skin evaluated and to discuss treatment options that best suits your skin. Take care and good luck.

Las Vegas Dermatologist
5.0 out of 5 stars 6 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.