Fine wrinkles in face; any topical products?

I am 36 years old man and have fine wrinkles across crow's feet lines and I know that injecting Botox will treat it but is there any topical products for that because Botox is temporary and I think this problem is due to luck of elasticity of facial skin, so is there any solution for increasing facial skin elasticity, thank you.

Thanks for your question and we always recommend that you have a consultation with a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon to allow them to help determine the most appropriate skin care regimen that can actually cause an appreciable difference in the skin.  A number of the newer cosmeceuticals, that are usually available in derms and plastic offices have eye creams and similar products that can have a true impact on the skin and the wrinkling associated with aging.  The brands already mentioned work well and we like Neocutis Lumiere for the eye areas – it is one of our go-to products.

Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon

Fine Lines and Wrinkles

Hi and thank you for your question! Topical products will definitely be limited in how much they will change your skin, however, retinol based products will be your best bet. We carry a great retinol eye cream called Eyeconic. We also really like Youth Eye by iS clinical. These are best used in combination with laser or energy based treatments to stimulate collagen and elastin. We like the Sciton system for rejuvenation of this skin either the Halo or the Contour. If you want less downtime, we really like the Venus Viva also. Feel free to come in for a complementary consultation. Best, Dr. Grant Stevens

Grant Stevens, MD

No More Wrinkles!

I think there are two ways that you can attack these wrinkles without using Botox.  Using a quality, medically-proven skincare regiment, like ZO or Skinceuticals, combined with a tretinoin/Retin-A/retinol will help restore the collagen and elastin to your skin.  These are the essential building blocks within your dermis (deep layer of skin) that help to prevent wrinkles from ever starting.  I would start to incorporate these products into your daily routine; if you skip days/weeks, you won't see the results that you want.  A quicker way to reduce fine lines is skin resurfacing with peels and/or lasers.  These modalities use the same principles as tretinoin/retinol, but you will see faster results.  I prefer a "fractional, non-ablative" laser; I will treat the face with low energy settings three separate times, one month between each treatment, while gradually increasing the energy.  Downtime involves red, flaky skin and is 2-3 days per treatment; pain during the procedures is minimal.  Whichever treatment that you choose, always be sure to use a sunscreen that protects your skin against UVB and UVA rays.  The "spf" of a sunscreen only tells you how much UVB protection that you are getting.  Be sure that your sunblock has at least SPF 30 and that it protects against both types of UV rays.  Good luck!  

Ryan Marshall, DO
Missoula Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for sharing your excellent question.  I would recommend starting with a good skin care regimen that incorporates use of a retinol, lightening cream, and sunblock to help improve your skin quality.  The retinol will reduce fine lines and wrinkles while adding collagen and skin thickness, the lightening cream will even skin tone, and the sunblock will help reduce the damage produced by sun exposure.  Hope this helps.