How can I clear my t zone acne and hyperpigmentation? (Photo)

It started as clogged bumps on my forehead and cystic acne on my chin.. now i have hyperpigmemtation on my forehead.i am on benzyl peroxide 2.5% for a month and it showed slight improvement. What treatment can i have for hyperpigmentation on forehead? I have combination skin and i am asian.. thank you.

Answers (3)

Acne with PIH

This needs a evaluation by a dermatologist. Prescription topicals, chemical peels, oral medications, lasers are options to help treat this. This can't be taken care of with OTC medications.

Hyperpigmentation and Red spots in Asian Skin

I treat a great deal of Asian patients who have hyperpigmentation from acne marks.  A combination of chemical peels and bleaching creams will help your condition.  In addition, the V-Beam will correct the redness.  You should get a formal consultation to evaluate why you have to much acne to best prevent it.  Best, Dr. Green

Learn more:


Thank you for your question. From your pictures and statement, it sounds and looks like you have post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation caused by acne. The inflammation caused by acne causes dark discoloration of the skin that may take weeks, months, or even more than a year to fade. Treatments available to help lighten the dark areas include topical medications, chemical peels, or laser treatments. The right modality for you depends on your skin type, expectations, patience, downtime, and cost. I recommend you consult with a board certified dermatologist to evaluate your skin, dark spots, and to discuss treatment options that best suit your skin. Take care and good luck.

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.

Ask a Provider

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors.