How do I get rid of light purplish mark on face? (photo)

I did some picking damage to my cheek a little over a week ago. I then had this pink and shiny skin where the scab peeled off. It came off in the shower. After this the pink skin stayed for a day or two and a light browning purplish colour began to form and close it up a bit. My question is, will this mark become something permanent or will it fade or disappear or something over time? Shall I apply anything?

See a Cosmetic Dermatologist for Wound Care

I recommend getting a formal consultation with a cosmetic dermatologist for wound care. I suggest silicone gel with growth factors. Any subsequent scarring can be improved with lasers, microneedling/prp and fillers. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Purple pigmentation

Thank you for your question. In the first instance a referral to a Dermatoloigst is recommended. Once the wound site has completely healed, the 3 main treatment options would include: vascular laser resurfacing, chemical peel or skin needling (with or with our PRP/HA dermal fillers). 

The best option to recommend would depend of the initial dermatologist review and the extent of skin blemishing remaining once the healing process is complete.