Acne scars treatment recomendation and questions (Photo)

Hi I am a 26 Male I had severe cistic acne on one of my cheeks which left two scars there, also one accident left another scar on my forehead, I have been observing TCA Cross as and alternative for the scars is this method a good approach? or what are the alternatives to it, thanks I need to treat them as soon as possible. John

Scar on Face/Body -- Lasers (Fraxel, Co2, Erbium), TCA Cross, Microneedling/PRP, Subcision, Fillers, Tattooing, Surgery

These kinds of scars need a combination of treatments. My preference is usually lasers with microneedling with PRP, and subcision if needed. Please see an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Ice pick scars on the cheeks from Acne and TCA CROSS method

This can work and has worked for me. The problem for people with a lot of scars is the slow inexact quality of using TCA for deep chemical peeling. It just took too long for me and it spread around the scars bringing more risk to my treatments in my opinion. I can do it now for acne scarring using lasers and other methods that I combine.

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Treat acne, TCA CROSS the laser - filler

Hard to give a 100% ideal plan, however its important to place your acne in remission, then go for the scars. I would-1. TCA CROSS by 2-3 sessions2. Revaluate - possibly laser, possibly filler ( need to angle light you)3. Agree with Dr Green regarding eMarix for early scars. All the best, Dr Davin Lim. Brisbane. Australia. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

Acne scars mild

I see very mild acne scarring with acne. I would treat the acne with Retin A. Early acne scars can be treated with the VBeam or Excel V. If the scars are still present, the Infini would be a good choice. TCA Cross is mainly for ice pick scars. Laser resurfacing is a good alternative too.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Acne Scars

You would be a great candidate for a combination of acne scars and fillers.  I would suggest a combination of Restylane and eMatrix for the best results. Please consult a board certified dermatologist for the best results.  Best, Dr. Green