Would you recommend me paying thousands $ on cosmetic work or should I just not care & my scars aren't really that bad? (photo)

I'm 19 and every since I was 12 I was a perfectionist. I always made sure I looked perfect, flawless skin flawless hair, etc. Then I started breaking out and squeezing a little to hard and to me looks like acne scars. I am definitely getting some type of filler for my laugh lines. I'm just getting a opinion on wether I should spend that type of $ if my scars aren't even that bad. If so, what treatments would you recommend? Be 100% honest, you're not gonna hurt my feelings lol.

Doctor Answers 3

Ematrix RF, fractional lasers, subcision, and Melapads for your acne scars

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Our Hidef Acne Scar Protocol works well to resurface the skin. Start with Melapads daily followed by Ematrix RF, fractional lasers, and subcision. Best, Dr. KaramanoukianLos Angeles

Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 95 reviews

Acne Scarring -- Requires a Combination of Fractional Laser Resurfacing, Fillers Like Bellafill, Subcision and Eclipse Micropen

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
For acne scarring a combination approach is needed to get the best outcome. I suggest you see an expert who can get you on a short and long term skin care plan. Best, Dr. Emer

Jason Emer, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 207 reviews

Acne and acne scars

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
I don't think it is beyond control and help at this point. Please see an acne specialist, a dermatologist and get treated. It is possible that just topical medication can take care of the majority of the problem and it won't be thousands of dollars. Prevention is key for long term success. Retin A should be one of the medications prescribed.

Steven F. Weiner, MD
Panama City Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 75 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.