I Have a Cigarette Burn(now Scar) for 3 Months. Its Flat but Red. What Can I Do Now. Will It Heal? (photo)

In December i burnt my self on the forehead with a cigarette. it has healed and there is only a red mark smack dab on my forehead. it really lowers my self esteem and is quite embarrasing. will it eventually fade? i have been using a scar roller every day and Bio Oil. should i use something else or is it time to see a doctor for further results.

Doctor Answers 2

Forehead Burn

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

As 3 months have now elapsed, perhaps it would be prudent to consult with a facial plastic surgeon to evaluate the situation.  There may be several options to help minimize the visibility of the scar.  Please consult with a board certified specialist who can assist you in achieving the results you seek.

Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 13 reviews

Lasers for scar reduction

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I would recommend seeing a dermatologist with advanced training in lasers. There are a variety of approaches that can improve the appearance of this scar and you should seek a consultation so that the best laser and appropriate amount of downtime can be planned for. Good luck.

Omar Ibrahimi, MD, PhD
Stamford Dermatologic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 28 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.