What do you think is the best thing I should take? (Photo)

4th grade I started to have white heads and 8th grade I had black heads on my cheeks. So I squeezed them all and now I have permanent scars on my cheeks and chin and also scars from sebum build up. I'm a 20 year old African American female, which by the way I am caramel complexion. I have bad skin which is bumpy, sensitive, full of sebum, and dry skin. I have some bumps filled with sebum I believe but when I squeeze it out a Hole appears. But please help me and give me advice etc. THANKYOU

Doctor Answers 2

Dark skin and Acne

Please consult a cosmetic dermatologist with advice about how to treat your skin.  A good topical regimen including antioxidants, and retinoids should help significantly.  Also a combination of microdermabrasion and oxygen facials will be the best approach to help your skin.  Best, Dr. Green

New York Dermatologist
5.0 out of 5 stars 76 reviews

The Best Approach Would Be a Combination Treatment

Acne scarring can be treated with a combination approach of lasers (Vbeam for darker skin tones), peels, skin care, microneedling/PRP and fillers. I suggest consulting with an experienced cosmetic dermatologist. Best, Dr. Emer

Jason Emer, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 190 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.