Are there any treatments that work besides going through many treatments for cellulite?

I am 20 years old and just about a year ago realized that I have cellulite. It is not a lot, however it is kind of deep. It makes me really embarrassed and self conscious when I wear certain clothes. I have been looking at a lot of treatments and some say that the results for cellulite treatment are not always good for the long term effect. I am also a college student so money could be kind of tough sometimes. It would also be good to find something not far from home.

Cellulite removal

Your cellulite problem is a common one. Fortunately, finally there are effective ways to minimize this problem. Perhaps the least invasive one is  Cellfina™. Cellfina is the only FDA-cleared minimally invasive, one-time procedure clinically proven to improve the appearance of cellulite for at least two years—the longest FDA-cleared duration for a cellulite treatment. A straightforward solution to cellulite, Cellfina™, combines a proven approach with innovative, proprietary technology, to produce precise, long-lasting results and has a high satisfaction rating on RealSelf. Together with Velashape 3, a non invasive procedure to help "shrink wrap the skin" and further minimize cellulite as a combination treatment is perhaps your best chance for taking care of this tough problem. Cellulaze is also a possible treatment but much more invasive

Best Options?

For treating #cellulite, my office typically recommends one of three treatment plans: #Cellfina, #VelaShape III, #ThremiSmooth.

#Cellfina is the newest technology and probably most effective. It is a minimally invasive one-time procedure under local anesthetic that removes the fibrous bands under the skin that cause fat to bulge through creating the appearance of cellulite.

#VelaShape and #ThermiSmooth are #non-invasive #bodyshaping products that can help reduce the appearance of your cellulite over the course of multiple sessions.

Book an in-person consultation with a #BoardCertified #PlasticSurgeon to determine which treatment plan is right for you.

Best of luck.

Cellulite treatment

We've enjoyed good success in treating cellulite with Cellfina. This procedure is performed under local anesthesia and allows us to release the fibrous bands which cause  cellulite. The long term patient satisfaction after Cellfina is impressive with over 90% of patients being satisfied three years after treatment. You should not require more than one treatment. Obtain a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon experienced in Cellfina near you to be examined and discuss options in greater detail.

Cellfina / Cellulite Reduction/ Liposuction/ Skin Tightening / BBL/ High Definition Procedures

Thank you for you question.

Cellfina is an FDA approved minimally invasive procedure that reduces the appearance of cellulite for at least two years on the buttocks and back of the thighs of women.
It works by releasing the internal bands that cause the cellulite dimpling and so we have not seen any fat atrophy. You should not see much of a difference with weight gain or loss but this also has not been studied.
Other areas of the body with dimpling, it is important to make sure it is truly cellulite before treatment.

It is common to have swelling bruising and firmness after the procedure. This can last for a few weeks.
It is different than Cellulaze which is a laser.
If you have had previous poor results with cellulaze, you can still do Cellfina.
Cellfina has shown 100% noticeable improvement and 96% satisfaction in all patients at 2 years.
Cellfina is designed to be a one time procedure.
It can be used on women with all skin types but caution should be taken if theres a history of keloiding.  It can also be combined with other treatments such as Thermi or Ulthera if skin tightening is needed.

We have done Sculpsure and Coolsculpting if fat reduction is wanted, but its best to wait 3 months to see the results before proceeding.

It can also be done at the same time as other procedures such as liposuction and BBL or as a stand alone procedure in the office.

Since Cellfina outcomes can be based on technique and experience, please see a board certified plastic surgeon that specializes body contouring to see if Cellfina or other treatments are available to meet your goals.

Take care,

Dr. Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute
#RealSelf100Surgeon

Thermi rf , cellfina

Long term approaches to cellulite will cost several thousand dollars for a treatment. Other treatments which are repetitive do not deal with the septa and require repeated treatments. If this is a concern wait until you can afford a treatment with long term results.

Morris Westfried, MD
Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon

Cellfina for the treatment of cellulite

Celfina release the bands beneath the skin in a controlled depth so that you can provide safe, effective and a  one-time treatment for cellulite.

There are several ways to address cellulite depending upon depth of cellulite, location, elasticity of overall skin envelope, and subcutaneous fat layer.

Beverly Hills, CA

Cellulite and Brazilian Cellulite Treatment

I have been featured on The Doctors as a leading expert on cellulite and developed the Brazilian Cellulite Treatment as an effective option for diffuse cellulite. 

DR. Karamanoukian 
Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Subcison Combined With Volumizing Fillers Works Well For Cellulite

I wholeheartedly concur with Dr. Gitt's response below regarding (despite all the marketing hype) for the futility of creams, lotions, potions, and massage therapies, as well as the low success rates and poor patient satisfaction ratings for radiofrequency and laser treatments in the treatment of cellulite. Cellfina, a newcomer to the cellulite treatment arena, is simply an automated, more expensive version of a relatively inexpensive subcision technique that I have been using for at least fifteen years for deep cellulite dimples.

Traditional subcision, which is performed under local, breaks up the tethering bands that pull down on the overlying skin, the underlying anatomical basis that gives rise to outpouching of fat between these bands--the  the so-called "cottage cheese" dimples of cellulite. To provide immediate lift to the dimples, as well as to further promote new collagen and elastic fiber synthesis (neocollagenesis, neoelastogenesis), I typically also inject a robust volumizing filler, such as Radiesse Plus or Voluma XC immediately following subcision. The results of this approach are generally quite gratifying following even one treatment. 

Nelson Lee Novick, MD

Cellulite treatment

If you truly have cellulite, cellulaze may be a good option for you. Cellulaze uses a laser under the skin to attack the anatomic causes of cellulite. It is a minimally invasive procedure that takes 1-2 hours and can be safely done under local or just IV sedation. It is an FDA approved treatment for cellulite and requires only one treatment. Hope this is helpful.

Dr. Sugene Kim