Silicone sheets temporarily flattens scar but then raises after taking it off for a while?

I have been using silicone sheets for my scar for the past half year. I've noticed that right when I take the sheet off, the scar feels flat. But after a while the scar starts to raise again, even if I apply silicone gel on it (I don't wear it 24/7 because it's on my face). Is this normal? Does it still mean the treatment is working and will it eventually flatten altogether? It's discouraging to see it flatten but then revert back to its bumpy state.

Treatment of scars with silicone gel and laser

I would recommend silicone gel such as Plato's Scar Serum followed by pulsed dye laser and IIT.  

Dr. Karamanoukian
Los Angeles