How would I remove this scar please? (Photo)

Hi I've finished my second course of roacutane I have 1 acne scar that I've had for the last 15 years on my cheek, it's annoying as make up never covers it fully no matter how high coverage and would like to remove it.

Laser for redness

I would use a vascular laser like others- Excel V, V Beam pulse dye laser or even IPL. Factor in 2-4 sessions, and that should reduce the redness markedly. All the best, Dr Davin Lim. 

Brisbane Dermatologist

Laser or IPL, but maybe more...

The key here is that the scar is red.  The redness we can reduce with different types of light or laser treatment.  That should quickly and easily settle down. If the scar is raised or sunken in (hard to tell in your photo) we may want to add some other treatments, such as an injection of a steroid, microneedling, or even revision of the scar.

You should be able to get a good result!

Onir Spiegel, DDS
Chestnut Hill Dentist

Red scar on left cheek

I would treat this with the Excel V laser. It will require 2 treatments usually. Red scars usually respond to this vascular laser.

Steven F. Weiner, MD