What is the most effective treatment for brown spots on face: Laser or Retin-A/Hydroquinone 4% or another option?

What is the most effective treatment for brown spots? I am of Indian origin and I think most of these spots are from popping pimples/whiteheads in the past and are mostly on the left side of my face. I have stopped popping but would like a fix for what I am left with. I would like to have perfectly clear and bright skin.

Brown Spots on Face

There are many options re: treatment -- fractional laser, IPL, pico/q switched laser, fractional radiofrequency.  I suggest seeing a cosmetic dermatologist