Acne/picking scars! Can my scars be removed? (Photo)

Hi, I'm wondering what the best treatment is to rid my scars. I've been doing extensive research for a while now and I just seem to keep stumbling upon reviews that say the treatments I've seen work and others say they don't. Can someone steer me in the right direction please and give me an honest answer if my scars are even able to be completely removed and what the most effective treatment is?

Acne Scarring -- Lasers (Fraxel, Co2/Erbium, VIVA, Intensif); Microneedling/PRP, Fillers (Bellafill); Subcision; Punch Excision

there are no cure for scars but they can be improved with a series of treatments such as fillers, lasers, punch excisions and TCA cross.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Acne Scar Treatment that works

Well it all depends on how your skin heals but you can improve those scars. It may not be like baby skin and completely Flawless skin but you can make significant improvements. You can't just do what traditional methods nor approach these scars with one single approach. It has to be multiple methods. You can combine multiple methods into one procedure and you can do it in 2 to 3 hours. The problem with doing multiple procedures is the risk. Today there is not something in the literature that combines multiple methods into one treatment given the high risk of further scarring. That's why you have to find a place that has found a way to do so. Acne is a multi-layered process and you have to treat scars with a multi-layered approach.

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Effective Acne Scar Treatment

Treating acne scars is a process and depends on the nature of your scars which may not be able to be completely gone but there should be significant improvement. Ematrix and Fraxel lasers give fantastic results. Please consult an expert. Best, Dr. Green 

Acne Scars

There is no one answer that fits everyone.  It's best for you to see a physician who has experience treating acne scars and obtain their opinion.  The results of treating acne scars vary.  In general most people can obtain a noticeable improvement in their scars with treatment. However frequently scars cannot be completely eliminated.

Paul Carniol, MD
Summit Facial Plastic Surgeon

Completely removing acne scars is not possible

Improvements can be had with multiple different therapies. My go to treatment for this is Infini. It seems to get better results than lasers and other treatments. Please see link.

Steven F. Weiner, MD