Is this hypertrophic scar or keloid? When is it the good time to get steroid injections? (photos)

I wanna kno it is hypertrophic or keloid ? N this scar is about 3 months since the injury, so is it the enough time to get steroid injection yet?

Keloid scar on the shoulder

I would use Plato's Scar Serum and injection therapy to reduce the keloids on the shoulder.

Dr. Karamanoukian

Los Angeles

Keloid scars and treatments

Keloids scars extend beyond the level of the injury, hypertrophic within. You will need multiple injections of steroid or 5Fu, followed by vascular laser or co2 laser with drip steroid method. Also, above all, wear a silicone dressing like Dermatix, at least daily or better still a silicone sheet. Combination treatments work best. Dr Davin Lim, Brisbane,Australia. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

Scar

Hello and thank you for your question. This appears to be a hypertrophic scar currently. At 3 months you can consider multiple treatments such as steroids as long as your doctor thinks this is reasonable. Best Wishes Theodore T. Nyame MD  Harvard Trained Plastic Surgeon

Theodore Nyame, MD
Charlotte Physician