What is the best treatment for my acne scars? (Photo)

I need help on my acne scar. I have heard laser acne scar is really good but not on dark complexion. I have seen other women my complexion get it done. Basically I just need advice on the best treatment for my. Thank you

Treat active acne, then revise acne scars.

Acne scar revision is a specialised field. For the best results, one should target the acne scar type with ideal treatments. For example deep ice pick scars, and narrow box car scars can be treated with TCA CROSS peels, mixed scars, rolling, and atrophic scars treated with fractional devices such as Fraxel, fractional lasers, and INFINI radiofrequency. Atrophic scars (depressions) can be treated with either fat grafts, or with HA dermal fillers. Tethered and anchored scars are best treated with surgery.

I personally think from that photo you have active acne, PIH and dark scars. So acne management of acne combined with vvv low strength TCA peels and Picosure Focus is my preferred treatment for YOU.

The majority of patients will have a collection of different scar types, and hence a tailored treatment METHOD will be best. Careful examination, especially under angled lighting with scar mapping will give you an understanding of what are the best options for your scars.
Dr Davin Lim
Laser, surgical & aesthetic dermatologist
Brisbane, Australia

Brisbane Dermatologist

Acne scars with dark skin? ENGLEWOOD Cliffs New Jersey

In my opinion, you should be seen by an acne scar expert. You appear to have active acne and acne scars. The acne  should be treated first.The acne scars can be treated with devices that do not aggravate the epidermal surface such as Infini. Using PRP is also helpful . You will also need to be pre-treated with it bleaching cream. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Jeffrey Rapaport, MD
Englewood Dermatologic Surgeon

Treating Acne Scars on Dark Skin and eMatrix

You are correct that you have to be extremely careful when treating acne scars on dark skin.  The eMatrix laser is a "color blind" laser and is safe and effective for your skin type.  Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green