Proper care after stitches are removed? (photos)

Last Tuesday, I was hit in the head while zip lining and recieved 7 stitches by a ps. Yesterday, they were removed. I misheard the nurse and started massaging my wound. (The doctor said to wait another week). I did end up gently massaging the area with Aquaphor and a large portion of the scab fell off revealing pink skin. There's also a little indent from where the cut was. based on the pics, will a scar form? Will the pink skin continue to heal or stop bec the scab fell off? How to minimize it?

Plato's Scar Serum for a fresh scalp scar

I would begin with a silicone based Plato's Scar Serum and Melarase creams. You may require FUE in the future. 

Dr. Karamanoukian
Los Angeles

Scar on Face -- Lasers, Microneedling/PRP, Dermaflage/ Bioshield

I suggest using silicone based scar gels until the scar has healed, you need a formal consultation with an expert. After 3-6 weeks you can then treat with lasers, microneedling, peels, and skin care. Right now it is important to promote healing and protect your face from the sun. Both PDL and IPL help with redness and do not need to be used together. Please consult with a board certified dermatologist. Best, Dr. Emer