What can I do about the acne scars? (photo)

I know that I have to be careful with the products I use and I do not qualify for most acne scar management that most people qualify for. I suffer with rosacea that is managed with Doxycycline and I do not want to irritate it. HELP! What are my options? My scars are most noticeable from the side and straight on are less noticeable. I have several types of scars and there is no hiding them. From my profile I appear to have a dimple but it is an acne scar.

Acne Scars and Best Treatment NYC

You have a combination of scars and it will take several laser treatments to help correct these scars.  Lasers such as Fraxel or eMatrix both help to correct these scars.  In addition, you may benefit from microneedling and PRP as well, particularly with your skin type.  Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

Multiple treatments for scar types.

For a concise answer on what is the best treat for you watch the video in the WEB REFERENCE below. Once you have the scar type, you can then find the best treatment for your scars. 

Acne scar revision is a specialised field. For the best results, one should target the acne scar type with ideal treatments. For example deep ice pick scars, and narrow box car scars can be treated with TCA CROSS peels, mixed scars, rolling, and atrophic scars treated with fractional devices such as Fraxel, fractional lasers, and INFINI radiofrequency. Atrophic scars (depressions) can be treated with either fat grafts, or with HA dermal fillers. Tethered and anchored scars are best treated with surgery.

The majority of patients will have a collection of different scar types, and hence a tailored treatment METHOD will be best. Careful examination, especially under angled lighting with scar mapping will give you an understanding of what are the best options for your scars.

Dr Davin Lim
Laser, surgical & aesthetic dermatologist
Brisbane, Australia

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist