What should I do for my acne scars? (Photo)

I've had acne scars all my life I'm 18 and I've been doing research to get my forehead smooth again any suggestions? I know a dermatologist could tell me better in person just want advice!

Acne scar Treatment

Depending on the level of the acne scars, chemical peels, micro needling, RF laser such as eMatrix, and Fraxel Laser are all excellent treatments.  Special care must be taken to have the treatment tailored to your skin type and prescribe the correct topical treatments in combination with your medical procedures.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist with expertise in acne scars for the best cosmetic results.  Best, Dr. Green

Forehead scars that are dimples from acne.

Forehead scars that are dimples from acne. Your forehead scars are causing dimpling especially when you move your forehead and with eyebrow elevation. This depression can be improved but it can't be improved with just one modality. Using laser resurfacing will not improve it alone. You have to treat all the layers of the skin.  Treating the deeper layers is important to treat those depressions. We have a 5-7 step process that treats all types of acne scars and some steps help some scars  and still other steps help other types of scars. In your situation working with the deeper layers to improve your scars  is much better than any other laser resurfacing, radio frequency, U therapy, Thermage, etc.

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fraxel is a laser skin rejuvenation treatment that resurfaces your outer skin, erasing imperfections. It also encourages the production of collagen, a protein found in connective tissue.The result is clearly visible lines, folds and wrinkles. Fraxel laser skin rejuvenation is a non-invasive technique that affects only about 20 percent of the facial skin exposed to it. The most common side effects of Fraxel laser treatment are swelling and skin redness, which should subside within a couple of days. Other temporary side effects may include minor itching, dry skin, peeling or flaking, and a bronzed skin appearance. The risk of infection or scarring is very limited. You should stay out of the sun 2-4 weeks.

Elliot M. Heller, MD

Acne Scars on Face/Body -- Lasers (Fraxel, Co2, Erbium), TCA Cross, Microneedling/PRP, Subcision, Fillers, Tattooing, Surgery

You answered your own question, as you do need to have a consult to find out what's best for you. Acne scars require a combination of treatments that vary by the type of scars and skin you have. Lasers and microneedling are a good start. Please see an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Acne scars

Dear Ty
The scars on your forehead look deep in the photo you sent us. Please do not waste your time and money on peels or laser treatments. You are best served by going to a plastic surgeon for excision of these scars.Thanks

Richard Sadove, MD
Gainesville Plastic Surgeon

Forehead scars and indentation

I can't tell if some of the problem is related to wrinkles in which Botox/Dysport would be effective. The scarring, if related to acne, can be treated with the Infini. Sometimes filler is needed in addition, and use Bellafill for this. See link.

Steven F. Weiner, MD