Vertical lines above upper lip (photos)

Hi, 4 months ago I've noticed some vertical lines above my upper lip. I am 42 years old, never smoked, don't expose myself to sunlight without protection, healthy.I don't look 42, more like 32. My skin is thin and I use day and night moisturizer constantly. I never did any injections before. Also my lips look and feel a bit dried. Lip Balsam doesn't help. How these lines and my lips can be treated? If I need a filler- what kind of filler should be used? P.s. I am allergic to resin. Tnx, Rebeca

Lip wrinkles

Thanks for your question.  To help with the appearance of the wrinkles in your lips,  I would recommend an injection of a filler, like Juvederm, along the border of the lip and into the wrinkles themselves.  You might also consider an injection of Botox in that area to help prevent those wrinkles from forming.  Finally, you could try a treatment like Ultherapy which helps to treat the wrinkles by stimulating collagen in the area.

Lip lines are new

I would try filler in the white upper lip area. I like Restylane Silk for this. I would also add a touch of Dysport around the mouth to stop the muscles from forming the lines. I don't think lasers or Infini would be helpful at this juncture. I like to use cannulas above the lip in a horizontal fashion for this. A small amount in the vermilion boarder might help too. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Facial Aging and Lasers like Fraxel/Clear + Brilliant, RF like VIVA, Peels, Fillers, Skin Care, Face Lift, Fat Injections

Lasers, micro needling, fillers can all be used to improve this area. Lip fillers, such as Juvederm or Restylane, do great and look natural if done with skill and expertise. Please see an expert in facial contouring and antiaging. Best, Dr. Emer

Juvederm For Vertical Upper Lip Lines

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photographs.  In general, vertical upper and lower lip lines are very challenging to treat.  I find that a combination of Botox and fillers works best.  In your case, based on your photographs, I would suggest a small amount of Juvederm to treat your upper lip, your left upper lip area in particular.  Beautiful and natural results can be achieved.  Please be sure to see an expert injector for an in-person consultation to fully discuss your concerns and your goals and expectations in order to determine the best treatment plan.  Best wishes!