Are these marks and blisters normal after IPL photo facial? I have dark burn marks w blisters on them filled with pus. (photos)

Will these go away, or is it Permanate damage to the skin? My estheciatian said I'm a Fitzpatrick 4 and That these are burns and should not blister. I'm using aquaphor, hydrocortisone , and aloe but the aloe stings when I use it and the hydrocortisone doesn't help w the itching. It's very itchy and sore and I'm afraid of scarring. What should I do?

IPL complications

Hello. I am wondering how long after treatment you looked like this? I also noted that you wrote this 10 days ago, so I would like to know how things have progressed: did you have any blistering? Has the itching resolved? How do they look now? I usually recommend that a Fitzpatrick IV start on hydroquinone, or similar, to inhibit melanogenesis (making dark spots) at least 2 weeks prior to IPL. Then, our office might opt to do a test spot after the two week time frame. If that does not cause a reaction like you had, then we would proceed with treatment.  Hyperpigmentation is reversible, and it may take time for these areas to heal completely. I wish you well.

IPL burn and improvement

I find that fractional lasers like fraxel and skinfinity with microneedling/prp do very well to help this area once healed.  Burns should be treated with growth factors and lightening creams to prevent pigmentation.  Best, Dr. Emer